My old posting (May 2005) in the community blog has been answered... At least, apparently it seems like that...
Sejak Wellington City Council mengajukan diri untuk menjadi tuan rumah V8 Supercar Racing, rencana tersebut akhirnya mendapat pertentangan yang lumayan keras dari kalangan kiri Wellingtonian. Kalau memang banyak yang tidak setuju kenapa dipaksakan.Ok, now for Indonesian community in Hamilton, are you guys ready to sell or show something on the roadside for fund raising? Selling satay for example, or wearing some kind of traditional customes in the middle of the crowd?
Kenapa sih ga diadain di Hamilton aja? Kurang hiburan nih disini... He he he...
Hamilton secures rights to V8 Supercar Championship Series round
Release Date: 16/02/2006
Hamilton has secured the rights to New Zealand’s only round of the V8 Supercar Championship with a proposed street race starting from 2008. Hamilton mayor Michael Redman says the city has been working for nearly a year to position Hamilton as the exclusive New Zealand host city for the international event in an arena of fierce national and international competition.
V8 Supercars Australia agreed for a further two-year extension for the PlaceMakers V8 Supercars at Pukekohe Park Raceway this year and finally in 2007, with a preference for a street race for a further seven years from 2008.
Mr Redman says Hamilton’s major advantages in being able to secure the race include:
- An ideal geographic location with New Zealand’s largest population catchment within two hours by road
- Hamilton’s high youth population
- A comfortable fit for the region with a strong Ford/Holden customer base
- A superb street circuit for drivers, corporates and spectators
- A positive and practical attitude of the Hamilton City Council organisation and the political cohesion of elected members
- A realistic opportunity to secure the necessary resource consent with the proposed course.